From past couple of days, I was working to understand the way search engines work and present data to the users.There were lot of interesting findings I came across and probably some reason as why Google leads in both online advertising and in search business.They have an good habit of reusing the same asset across different products to feed many of its online business products like Google analytics,Google ads and namely search business.In simple words, Google uses the algorithm which every average common man uses to socialize/know the other person.
Think it this way, If you are an X person and I am Y person,Y will never interact /or try to get familiar with X,until Y has enough confidences or feedback about X from various good sources.Y can collect information about X from various sources like maybe his friends,office colleagues,etc etc.Once Y has this information, he may do additional analysis on that data to ensure that some common interest is shared between them.If Y feels that information and some common interest exists,then he may start a slow relationship with X ,saying Hi or hello once a while.This is how Search engines work and these are the core algorithm used by the search engines.
The challenging part of this process is to collect correct information and from correct sources and implement it technically.In short there exists execution and operation challenges for implementing this technique.
Now lets go back and see what all things Google looks for in the page so that it can access the page correctly,
- Keywords –These are keywords which are often typed in the Google Search Engine.Every site page needs to have some unique keywords associated with it.Keywords fall in soft and hard category.Hard ones are most searched and most often used keywords and has broad meaning cutting across various things.
- Inbound Links- These are the links from other websites that point to your website.If someone points to your site, it helps Google to know you better and it consider you some what a person of some good rank.I think this is also one the precise reasons as when people maintain a blog roll in their blogs or why people commenting on various blogs leave their website addresses behind.Ideally its nice concept but it has lot of loopholes in it.
- Trust Rank: I think this is new technique used by the Google search.I remember in earlier days around 5 to 6 years back, they often use to mention about page rank,but now it seems they have given up that algorithm and started using trust rank.Trust rank is also one of techniques which common person uses in his daily life.In short, how much trust other people has in your site will determine your trust rank.To gain enough trust, site must have some age,some good backlinks,good content,original content etc etc.
- Meta Title: This is an HTML Tag which is used in the head section of the page.Google expects that every page should have good meta page title,description ,content which should provide good overview about the site.I think Bing also uses these Meta Tags for its search engine.
- URL : Google expects URL to be clean and should as far as possible contain the information about the pages it leads to.This particular requirement of Google has lead to clean url’s across the web.If you want your URL to be hidden ,use short url’s.Google does not crawl short urls.
.These are key things on which I believe Google Search Stands.The other way around which many people use to get to top results in Google search is to buy a Google ads and come straight on the top.
So if you need a good SEO results, make sure you keep above points in mind and get referral from as many valid sites as possible,older the site which refers to you,better the result you get in search world.Also If someone spams your site with some irrelevant comment, and referring site looks valid but refers to some other content which is not related to your profession or content of your page,then I suggest you accept those comments provided it conveys some useful information.Maybe next time I will write some reasons as why this should not affect your search rankings.However please do note that irrelevant comments/backlinks to the site is penalized by Google Search.
Comments are closed here.